80% of construction projects are delayed and 70% suffer overruns. One of the main reasons behind these terrible numbers are uncertainties. Bad things happen and they happen unexpectedly. These incident events (material delays, equipment breakdowns or weather disruptions) can profoundly impact project performance; but it’s not always the contractors’ fault.
Furthermore, changes in project scope and additional orders (requests made onsite) are extremely popular. Clients always find something to point at while on site, additional works not contemplated in the original budget.
What consequences can the unusual events have in a construction project? And what is the human cost for dealing with these obstacles, deviations or additional orders.
- Financial losses. Unaddressed unusual events can result in significant cost overruns.
- Delayed response to events may lead to time delays, impacting project timelines and further increasing costs.
- Reliance on paper annotations and manual data entry creates inefficiencies and delays.
- Important information can easily be lost or overlooked amidst piles of paperwork, causing disruptions and miscommunication.
- Physical site visits for event tracking consume valuable time.
- Workers need to physically investigate and document events, diverting their focus from productive tasks.
Digital solutions can revolutionise construction project management, resulting in improved productivity and enhanced worksite safety.
Embracing digital solutions can address the problems associated with unusual events in construction projects, providing numerous benefits for project managers, workers, and investors.
Here’s how odei.io can help you:
- Absolute control. Increase control over the construction site.
- Seamless event tracking and documentation. Ensure that no event goes unnoticed.
- Real-time visibility and easy access to event records empowers you to take immediate action. Minimise disruptions and improve control.
- Access to event information anytime and anywhere. Stay informed and make decisions on the go.
- Response times are significantly reduced. Increase productivity by improving project outcomes.
- Minimise manual efforts and human error. Digital tools streamline data entry, automation, and analysis.
How can I keep total control of the unusual events and manage them effectively?