Construction is one of the most dangerous sectors in the workplace. Therefore, occupational risk prevention in this field is essential to avoid accidents and ensure the safety of workers.
Below, we explain how early identification and prompt communication of risks on construction sites can help you improve the health and safety of your employees.
The importance of occupational risk prevention in construction.
In construction, there are many risk factors that can endanger the health and physical integrity of workers.
- Heavy machinery and dangerous tools.
- Stress. High responsibility and time constraints.
- Hazardous environments (confined or slippery spaces, heights, tunnels).
- Diversity of agents and high staff turnover.
- Uniqueness of work.
- Poorly qualified workforce with little training in prevention.
- Low awareness of risks and safety in general.
All this means that construction sites and the construction sector in general is one of the most exposed and with the highest number of fatal accidents in the country.
It is therefore essential that companies have the most advanced work tools and working methodologies developed to eliminate the risk of accidents and incidents.
odei.io's risk reporting tool
At odei.io, we have developed an advanced tool to help you minimise the risk of accidents by up to 30%.
Why are technology or digital tools key to achieving this?
- Enables ultra-fast risk reporting from your smartphone and from the construction site. Speed is key.
- It allows collaboration in the identification of risks. That is, any user with permissions can report, even from other companies linked to the project. It is ideal for safety coordinators or property to have collaborative tools in this line.
- Assign a risk mitigation manager if you wish. This allows you to delegate risk prevention and mitigation actions to employees or collaborators. Don’t waste time on text messages or phone calls.
- During the construction process, risks can be monitored and updated with information that is deemed relevant. In the risk, the history of changes is shown with full traceability.
- This tool ensures that nothing is left unresolved and that there are no communication failures. Nothing is left behind.
- Finally, odei.io allows you to automatically generate documentation and incorporate all kinds of evidence and images.
- As a bonus, digitisation allows you to generate metrics and have a history or general analytics that shed light on the general evolution of the company in this area.
Incidents can be tracked to identify future risks and take preventive action.