We are in the age of digitalisation, and there are few companies that do not yet have a digitalisation strategy.
However, in construction, few companies are taking advantage of technological advances to make their day-to-day work easier.
Digital work reports are the best way to start the digital transformation process.
It is a very simple process and one that everyone can do. We have become accustomed to smartphones, a digital work report is no more complicated than sending a text message.
The disruption is minimal, it’s just a matter of changing the channel. The flow of information and the management of reports remains intact.
The advantages are endless. The return on investment is both immediate and substantial. There are solutions that require 0 investment (with a subscription, such as Spotify).
"A digital work report is no more complicated than sending a text message."
Digital work reports are of particular interest:
- If several projects are managed at the same time.
- On complex construction sites with many companies involved.
- Whenever there is a certain amount of work and a need for remote control.
- Whenever we are required to control a third party; hours worked, resources, executed, etc.
- And of course, for all those who want to gain a competitive advantage and take that step forward that distances them from the competition.
What are the advantages?
Absolute control. Increase control over what happens on site.
Traceability. Looking back is often important, a good management platform can make all the difference.
Immediacy / agility. No need to collect them physically or pass them from person to person, all in the same system.
Savings. It makes the management and exchange of information much more efficient.
Much more detail, digital work reports allow the inclusion of photographs and descriptions or details that would not be possible in a conventional way.
Security of information. Back-up copies and credential-protected files.
Privacy and GDPR. Digital data managed securely and without being exposed.